Friday 28 April 2017

Oblivion ~ Marlize van der Merwe

Its Just Another Broken Heart To Happiness

I feel so empty, so lost, so heartless
It feels like I've lost everything
I feel like I have nothing else to lose
You were the one who made me happy inside
I was the one who kept you smiling
I was your first morning text
and your last goodnight kiss
It hurts me now more than ever
the pain trapped inside forever
The words that came from you
meant nothing at the end
The words 'I Love You' was just there for pretend
Every time I see you my heart skips a beat
Because of fear, because of happiness,
because of sadness, because of anger.
But most of all because I miss
seeing you smile at me for no reason
To see you blush whenever I smile back
I miss your hugs
I miss your kisses
I miss the feeling of our hands together
I miss our cuddles
I miss our runs together
I miss our laughs and our stupid jokes
I never knew meeting you would bring so much happiness
into my life until my heart broke into a million pieces.
Yet you have a smile, while I have to hide my pain likes its a game


©  Marlize van der Merwe

***
Grade 9
***