Tuesday 31 January 2017

I Want to Write a Poem ~ Naadir Vorajee

Oh, how can I have none to scribe!

The world has light, it's wings to see...
It's beauty begs at you and me,
It's sun shine bright across the sky
And still, I have none to tie!

The seas are vast, big and blue
and have many a man's stories threw.
The forests are emerald, life it bares
But still my face, blankly stares...

People are here, black and white.
Day in and out, it's a fight.
They're right, they're wrong, they're around
and still, i have no words to sound!

Love exists, it's red and deep
It's passion can from deep within seep,
It's claws are strong, they pull and scratch
But still, no word from my mouth, will hatch!

Oh, why can I not come to scribe
that word that I once used to bribe:
That flawless damsel I once knew.
That loving mother that always saw through.
The English teacher and her pen
The strict father and the cold war men...

Perhaps, my mind has been sold
To the one and zero that maths hold...
To logic and rule, of textbook note
To ideas that mere, a lonely man wrote!


© Naadir Vorajee

***
Matriculant 2013
***