Saturday 4 June 2016

Multiband Compression of a Dream ~ Nash Aniruth

I'm sorry.

Sorry that I have dreams...
Dreams so amplitudally high
that you high-passed
my harmonics
In an attempt
to prevent me
from reaching the sky.

Dreams which were once so miniscule
That they were often ridiculed.

Sorry for these goals that I have
Buried deep within the lowest frequencies of the succulent
known as my mind.

-The very orchard from which you
Extracted the ripeness
and synthesized it into something bitter
and dissonant.

You limited and compressed my creativity
Until my life eventually lacked dynamic range.

The kickdrum with a fundamental frequency Of 75 hertz.
Which pounds relentlessly through
the chamber of my mind at 128 beats per minute

Every.
Single.
Day.

-Sorry

For the perpetual
music within my mind.


©  Nash Aniruth


***
Grade 12
***