Saturday 4 June 2016

Dear Brother ~ Nash Aniruth

Do you remember our childhood
and the games we played together?
Do you remember how you would come home from school and say,
"Dont worry, little Bro'. I'll be around forever."

Do you remember July 3rd 1998?
You were just 10 years old
Do you remember how Mom & Dad were so excited?
"You're going to have a baby brother!", you were told.

Perhaps it's been the city life
that changed you as a person
Forgive me, big Bro'
If our relationship seems to worsen.

It's been quite a while now
Since you moved away from 'home.'
12 years to be exact
Since you left to live on your own.

12 Years later
I've grown a lot during that time
Realised the tragedies of the world
and attempted to change them through some rhymes

I don't blame you
for wanting to pursue your own life
This year I'll be done with school as well
the end of a decade of pure strife

I'm sorry.
I'm sorry if reading this makes you sad
I just wanted you to know
that you'll always be my brother
the only blood sibling I've ever had.


©  Nash Aniruth


***
Grade 12
***