Friday 30 October 2015

God Where Are You? ~ Shweta Singh

God where are You? O God tell me, where are you!

O God,
It’s you who governs the whole world I hear
Do listen to my plea
My home beckons me
God where are You? O God tell me, where are you!

You guide back to sanity
Those who’ve lost their way
I too am completely lost
Guide me too, I Pray

Shall I worship you in Temples?
In Mosques do my faith I show
Or to a ‘Gurudwara’
Would you like me to go?

Temples and Churches,
I’ve looked everywhere

My hope now has turned to despair!

Not a single ritual did I ever flout
Like millions around the world
I submit without a doubt
God where are You? O God tell me, where are you!

You have many names and faces too
I’ve walked each of the myriad
Paths which lead to You
What else should I do
To find you give a clue

I blindly follow and
With reverence and treasure
Your every whim and fancy
In more than ample measure
God where are You? O God tell me, where are you!

How do I call out to you ?
Shall I talk to you
With hands clasped ?
Or on bent knees, head to the ground?
Do I wake you with temple bells?
Or call out on a loud speaker?
God where are You? O God tell me, where are you!

Understand my plight,
I am at breaking point,
I thought, you’d never abandon me
During this fight

As I walked along the shore
A single set of footprints I only saw.

The search for you all around
Had then come to end
Just as I realized,
Those single prints were
None other than Yours

Because through these weak times
You carry me, every single step
In your Perfect, Mighty Arms.
God here you are. O God, Here you’ll always be!


©  Shweta Singh


***
Grade 11
***