Tuesday 6 October 2015

Afraid ~ Aphelele Nxumalo

I am afraid of what might become of me
I am afraid of what I will gain and what I might lose
Afraid of the good and bad
That will, and have happened
What will become of me?

I have been so many places in my life and time
I have wished that this tomorrow 
Will be different than the one's I've experienced
Can't it be a better tomorrow?

What lies in my tomorrow ....
Must be a long-term keeping so I won't have to borrow
Peace and war that runs in my mind
Thinking that, will I ever be kind ....
What will become of me?

I lay in your arms to feel insecure
I am the one who sees deep in your soul 
Yo find the missing and make it whole
For I love thee till depth, breath and height
For my soul can reach for you when feeling out of sight
What will become of me?

You play my heart to a beautiful beat
I still stay in your heart with my special seat
The darkness and I always fight
Will I ever get to see the light
What will become of me?

Life plays a game
That has no-name
Nothings different its all the same
I ask myself, who can I blame?
For a lot is running in my mind, but in the end it all came ...


©  Aphelele Nxumalo


***
Grade 8
***