Thursday 17 September 2015

Your Love is My Narcotic ~ Luyanda Mazibuko

The sun seems to be in constant competition with you
as it rises so early everyday
But you, Love, your love lightens up all the fires in my heart.
And it is this heart of mine that you take up every part.



God's very own creation, His best art
given to me to appreciate and love with all my heart.
Our souls have fused to become one
and can be separated by none.



Each day I grow jealous of the glass that touches your lips.
The warm mug you hold so tightly on those cold days.



Your love is my narcotic and each day I triple my dosage.
This is why, when I'm with you, i feel so elevated.
You are the oxygen I breathe. Without you, this heart,
heart of mine created to love you, would just stop beating




©  Luyanda Mazibuko




***
Grade 11
***