Thursday 17 September 2015

My Beautiful Maiden ~ Ndabezinhle Gumbi

There stands my beautiful African Maiden,
who proudly walks with her dark complexion,
bearer of my heart and my loves haven,
my mind tells me not to proceed but my heart tells me to take action.



Oh how I hate the complexities of courting,
I have lowered my hearts' guard and swallowed my pride
The possibility of my loves rejection so daunting,
It overwhelms like a dhow in a high tide.



If my romantic deeds be in vain,
then let me hang my heart & head like the branches of a Sleeping Willow
because that strike would cause my heart everlasting pain
and I shall let my heart become a dark window



If my feelings for her be only infatuation,
Then I am Pains' slave, so help me God find my hearts' emancipation




©  Ndabezinhle Gumbi




***
Grade 11
***