Saturday 23 May 2015

How Cruel Could a Man Be? ~ Amanda Buthelezi

Every day I wake up with a smile on my face
Just to hide the pain that is inside
I wake up with a different attitude
Hoping that life would be kind
Hoping that my mind will be strong enough
To let go of the past
And move on with life

But every time I see a man
It reminds me of who you really are
I try to look at them with a different eye
But you made me believe that all men are the same

In front of people's eyes
I smile and laugh like it will never end
But behind closed doors
That's where reality begins
Every night I lie awake
Thinking of what you have done to me
Every time I close my eyes
I hear your voice echoing inside my head
Tears racing down my cheeks
The more I think about it
The more hatred I develop for a man

If it wasn't for you
I would be the same girl I was yesterday
But you were so cruel
You took away the only thing I had left in me
And left me with a wound that will never heal
If I think of a man I think suicide
Because now I have nothing to hold onto
I try to be strong but deep inside I am slowly dying
You took away the only thing I had in me
You took away my pride
How cruel could a man be?


Copyright Amanda Buthelezi

***
GRADE 12
***